Boats and SCUBA cylinders:
Our 8 meter motorboat takes up to 12 divers with gear. It is equipped with a convenient ladder platform which is designed for easy entry and exit of the water. We also have a 5,7 meter rubber boat. Usually we use it for two-tank dives or private dives. It can accommodates up to 6 divers. Our boats carry all necessary emergency equipment such as oxygen on board. We have first rate rental equipment mainly from MARES. With our 400 liter/minute capacity compressor we can fill all the tanks. In addition we operate a BAUER 200 liter/minute compressor as a back-up. We own 70 steel scuba tanks.
Safety And Regulations:
- In Croatia you may dive with a registered dive center or individually after buying a diving permit.
- Dive instructors and dive masters working in Croatia should pass an official exam and obtain a Government license.
- Each diver must present proof of qualification (certification card and/or a log book).
- All divers must read and sign liability release.
- Written parental / guardian consent is required for all divers under age 18.
- Minimum age for participating in scuba diving is 10.
- In Aqualis Diving Center Hvar all excursions are guided by experienced diving professionals.
- If you are over 50 years of age you will need a doctor’s certificate to participate scuba diving activities.
- All dives are planned within non-decompression limits and feature a 3 minute, 5 meter safety stop.
- During all dive excursions a first aid kit, oxygen kit, mobile phone, radio-station and emergency contact numbers are always present.
Your safety and enjoyment are our first priority!
On Hvar Island emergency medical transport is primarily carried out by helicopter. We have a helicopter landing zone only 5 minutes from Aqualis Diving Center Hvar Croatia. Flight time to Split by helicopter is approximately 10-15 minutes. The Split hospital is equipped with modern decompression chambers. In case of emergency our onsite Diving and Hyperbaric medical doctor can help.