We are Robert and Zsanett. Following a life-long passion, we became the owners of the only dive center in the city of Hvar Croatia, founded as Viking Diving in 2003.
Robert gained his diving experience working as a commercial diver for many years. More recently as a recreational SCUBA instructor. He has trained many happy divers since receiving his instructor certification seven years ago. As the owner of the diver shop, he takes a keen interest in the maintenance and safety of the equipment. His previous professional experience as a mechanic gives him the necessary skill.
Myself – Zsanett – graduated as a medical doctor and specialized in family medicine. I worked in emergency care as well as running my family practice for 10 years.
Five years ago I discovered recreational SCUBA diving as an escape from my everyday routine. It filled my need for silence and relaxation. Consequently, diving has become my passion. As a result, I specialized in Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine 2 years ago.
How we became dive center owners?
Bringing all this experience and passion we have leased the name of Viking Diving Center Hvar Croatia four years ago and bought all their equipment. We built it more comfortable for divers. After 4 years of operation, we decided to find a bigger place closer to the sea in Hvar Town Croatia. After one year of continuous searching, we opened our new dive center in Hvar, called Diving Center Aqualis Hvar Croatia. From the season 2020, we close Viking Diving Center under our operation. We continue Hvar diving adventures in Sirena Bay.
Our plans are not just diving in the high season, but offering multiple adventures during the winter season. The weather and sea conditions are perfect from the beginning of April until the end of October. Frankly speaking, my favorite period of the year is Easter feast and autumn.
Boats and SCUBA cylinders:
Our 8-meter motorboat takes up to 12 divers with gear. It is equipped with a convenient ladder platform which is designed for easy entry and exit of the water. We also have a 5,7-meter rubber boat. Usually, we use it for two-tank dives or private dives. It can accommodate up to 6 divers. Our boats carry all necessary emergency equipment such as oxygen on board. We have first-rate rental equipment mainly from MARES. With our 400 liters/minute capacity compressor we can fill all the tanks. In addition, we operate a BAUER 200 liter/minute compressor as a back-up. We own 70 steel scuba tanks.
Safety And Regulations:
- In Croatia, you may dive with a registered dive center or individually after buying a diving permit.
- Each diver must present proof of qualification (certification card and/or a logbook).
- All divers must read and sign a liability release.
- Written parental/guardian consent is required for all divers under age 18.
- The minimum age for participating in scuba diving is 10.
- In Aqualis Diving Center Hvar all excursions are guided by experienced diving professionals.
- If you are over 50 years of age you will need a doctor’s certificate to participate in scuba diving activities.
- All dives are planned within non-decompression limits and feature a 3 minute, 5-meter safety stop.
- During all dive excursions a first aid kit, oxygen kit, mobile phone, radio station, and emergency contact numbers are always present.
Your safety and enjoyment are our first priority!
On Hvar Island, emergency medical transport is primarily carried out by helicopter. We have a helicopter landing zone only 5 minutes from Aqualis Diving Center Hvar Croatia. Flight time to Split by helicopter is approximately 10-15 minutes. The Split hospital is equipped with modern decompression chambers. In case of emergency, our onsite Diving and Hyperbaric medical doctor can help.
See you in Hvar Diving Aqualis Croatia!